WHERE TO EMPLOY ECOLIGHT:
ECOLIGHT is particularly useful in saving energy where lighting systems are operated over long periods of time. Examples are
- Department stores, supermarkets, specialized shops (drugstores, watchmaker’s shops, etc. ...)
- Service stations ...
- Warehouses and assembly shops ...
- Parks, street lighting systems, car park buildings ...
- Car dealers, furniture shops, banks ...
- Hotels, Restaurants ...
ECOLIGHT can be integrated both in already existing and new installations.
OPERATING PRINCIPLES AND FEATURES OF ECOLIGHT?
- ECOLIGHT reduces the voltage to that level only, which the electric company theo-retically would have to supply. In accordance with EN 60038 (standard voltages), all electrical devices are required to function correctly between 207 V and 243.8 V, and in a few years up to 253 V. This means that lighting systems operating within these tolerances also meet the requirements of the German „Arbeitsstättenrichtlinie“ (job standards regulations) as far as lighting intensity, safety of ignition, safety of opera-tion, etc. are concerned.
WHAT EFFECTS ECOLIGHT?
- In the case of fluorescent lamps, ECOLIGHT saves up to 25 % of the electric energy, depending on the system voltage and the compensating device used; for halogen metalvapour lamps up to 18 %.
- In the case of low-voltage halogen lamps, not only the energy saving potential is up to 20 % but more important is the increased service life of the lamps.
- By reducing the temperatures of lamps and compensating devices, the load on the air conditioning system can be reduced, too.
- ECOLIGHT provides increased peak voltage protection by preventing primary and secondary power peaks from entering loads and/or the power supply system.
- Energy saving of up to 25 %, depending on the situation.
- In the case of street lighting systems employing sodium and/or mercury-vapour lamps, an energy saving potential of up to 50 % can be achieved.
- Short amortization rate
- Lengthening the life of electric devices by reducing heat dissipation
- Reduction of maintenance costs because of lower failure rates
- Increased service life permits longer maintenance intervals
- ECOLIGHT provides an economical alternative to a new (and less energy consuming) lighting system.